Rumer lightens up

Rumer Willis liked the wig she's been wearing in her latest movie so much that she had her hair dyed platinum blond for real. Showing off the new color at Thursday's opening of the James Perse store in Beverly Hills, the 19-year-old daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore said her new look jolted her family. "I came home and my parents were really shocked when I walked in the house," she said. "My sisters looked at me like, 'What? Your hair!' But everyone, my parents, loved it." The makeover took seven hours to complete. "Honestly, it just took a long time. I got there at like 1, and I didn't leave until 8 p.m. I have really dark hair, so it took a long time, but it didn't really hurt," Willis said. "I got the idea because the movie I just finished, I was wearing a blond wig, so I saw myself like that. And I just went for it." Willis will also be a blond in another upcoming flick. "I always find that whenever I'm doing something big in my life, I want to change the hair," she said.