Pete and Kate to wed if he can clean up his act

Extracts of a diary written by Babyshambles singer Pete Doherty were published a British paper today, giving insight into his issues with drugs and tempestuous relationship with Kate Moss. In The Books of Albion: The Collected Writings of Peter Doherty, the singer writes he hopes to wed Moss this summer, provided he is "smack and needle-free." "We shall marry in the summer and I become 10 times happier than any given smackhead. Huzzah!... I love the girl so dearly and that's why I'm in this clinic isn't it?" Doherty penned from rehab. The diary entries also detail violent fights between the couple, many of which seem to stem from Doherty's drug addiction. "I have been banging up I confess, and yet my use is extremely moderate and controlled. What am I saying? Kate will not tolerate this... I wouldn't blame her, and alongside the fixing neither of us seem to completely trust each other although I love her and no other and the tiffs and tumults come between magical happy times. The most cherished times are spent in her arms." Moss also writes an entry: "You have touched my heart and soul... You make me high, my sweet, my skin shivers and longs to be held by you."