John Stamos defends bizarre TV appearances

John Stamos has spoken publicly about his bizarre TV appearances in Australia last week. Footage of the Full House alum slurring and acting bizarre during an interview with a Sydney newspaper appeared online on June 26, and was followed by a similar video of Stamos appearing on a morning talk show, where he made a lewd gesture with a glass head and said the print reporter "has a small penis." Stamos apologized and says his behavior was a result of jet lag and sleeping pills. "There was no alcohol involved," he said. "I took Ambien at 5 a.m. and got up at 7 a.m. I was okay and did a few radio interviews. Then I had a break at 10 a.m. I dozed off and couldn't wake up. Security banged on the door, shook me and woke me up. They threw a jacket on me and put me in front of the camera. I did three or four interviews after that, and no one said a word. It was a weird very out-of-character hour of my life... I got screaming calls from my mother and my sister asked, 'Have you lost your mind? Do we need to fly over there?'" Of rumors that he's headed to rehab, Stamos says, "What?! I barely drink. I have probably had ten drinks in the lasty year." He hasn't watched the footage himself, and admits, "I'm afraid to look at it."