Leno and Conan back on air in January

After two months of repeats due to the writers' strike, The Tonight Show With Jay Leno and Late Night With Conan O'Brien will return with all-new episodes Wednesday, January 2. "We are are not using writers," a NBC rep says. In a statement, O'Brien said, "An unwritten version of Late Night, though not desirable, is possible — and no one has to be fired. I will make clear, on the program, my support for the writers and I'll do the best version of Late Night I can under the circumstances." Added Leno, "We fully support our writers and I think they understand my decision." Guest lineups for the shows will be announced at a later date, NBC officials said. Meanwhile, eager to air new episodes as well, David Letterman's production company, Worldwide Pants, may negotiate an independent, interim agreement deal with the Writers Guild of America, Worldwide Pants Chief Executive Rob Burnett said in a statement. "It is our strong desire to be back on the air with our writers, and we hope that will happen as soon as possible."