Halle admits to suicide attempt

Halle Berry admits to attempting suicide in an interview with Parade mag. The Perfect Stranger actress actress says she tried to gas herself when her first marriage, to baseball star David Justice, fell apart. "I was sitting in my car, and I knew the gas was coming when I had an image of my mother finding me," Berry said. "She sacrificed so much for her children, and to end my life would be an incredibly selfish thing to do. It was all about a relationship. My sense of worth was so low. I promised myself I would never be a coward again." The actress describes her second marriage to singer Eric Benet as "really horrific," and explains, "We were in sex rehab after one year. I wish I had left then, but I was putting everyone's needs before mine." The Oscar winner hopes she might soon take on the role of mother, admitting, "I've accomplished things I never thought I would. Now my sights are set on a different chapter in my life, which is motherhood. That's the goal I have very clearly set for myself."