Keira's not so comfortable with fame

Keira Knightley is still bewildered by the widespread interest in her looks. "Somebody goes, 'Gosh, you're pretty,'" Knightley told Radio Times. "Thanks. I've got good genes!... Okay, I'm on the cover of a magazine but somebody else does the hair, and the makeup, and airbrushes the f**k out of me - it's not me, it's something other people have created." Knightley says she can't comprehend people's fascination with wanting to be famous. "It frightens me when kids go, 'I want to be famous,'" she says. "Why? Because you can get into a restaurant? You know what? If you book [a table], you can get into a restaurant! 'I want to be rich and famous.' Go and work on the stock market." Of successfully suing a British paper over accusations she was anorexic, Knightley says, "You couldn't say anything more horrendous. So yes, I did take a hard line, and I would take that line again."