Bill Murray explains golf cart incident

Bill Murray explained his golf-cart DUI, saying he was just dropping people off after a party when he was stopped in downtown Stockholm. The police "asked me to come over and they assumed that I was drunk and I explained to them that I was a golfer," Murray told reporters today at the Venice film fest. The Lost in Translation star said he was in Stockholm last month to play a pro-am golf tournament, and hitched a ride to a post-event party in a golf cart. When no one wanted to drive home, he volunteered. "I ended up stopping and dropping people off on the way like a bus. I had about six people in the thing and I dropped them off one at a time." Swedish police took a blood test after Murray refused a blood test. He was in Venice for the premiere of his new film The Darjeeling Unlimited, which also stars Owen Wilson.