Charlize and Stuart married in theory

Charlize Theron and Stuart Townsend are husband and wife - even if not legally. "I'm married," Townsend told press this week. "I didn't do a church wedding or anything, but we're married. We're husband and wife. We love each other and we want to spend out lives together," the actor said of his nearly seven-year relationship with Theron, who he calls "the greatest woman I've ever met." "We didn't have a ceremony," he added. "I don't need a certificate or the state or the church to say otherwise. So no there's no big official story on a wedding, but we are married... I consider her my wife and she considers me her husband." During a dinner party at the Toronto film fest, the couple even showed off their rings - Theron fidgeted with hers as she shared a story about it and then grabbed Townsend's hand to display a silver cross-shaped band on his ring finger.