Gwyneth's reality show venture

The woman once known for her alcohol-free, macrobiotic diet - and then admitted to a weakness for pinot noirs - has loosened up even further. Gwyneth Paltrow plans to eat her way through Spain. "I am 'supercontenta' to be here," the 35-year-old actress said Tuesday at a Madrid press conference to announce her upcoming gastronomic reality series for PBS, Spain...on the Road Again. Still, the longtime advocate for all things organic is not completely abandoning her old food restrictions. "I think my Spanish father will kill me when I refuse to eat jamon Jabugo," Paltrow admitted, referring to the specially cured ham from the black Iberian pig - as well as to the patriarch of a Spanish family she lived with when she was a high-school exchange student. "[But] I haven't eaten anything from a four-footed animal since I was about 15," she added. Paltrow will film the 13-week series with famed chef Mario Batali, New York Times food columnist Mark Bittman and Spanish TV actress Claudia Bassols. The show, to debut in late 2008, will document the group's adventures in search of the perfect meal, and it was Batali who initially spoon-fed the venture to Paltrow. "I was having dinner with Mario, and he was talking about this project," the actress said. "I told him, 'If you want me, I'm with you.' He thought I was joking, and I had to persuade him I was serious. So here I am in Madrid - my friends are all jealous."