Guru out of Coma? Maybe maybe not but this story has a lot of other crazy going around it

There has been news recently that Guru of Gang Starr was in a coma.

well the good news is this is now past tense as Guru is now out of a coma.

Now there has been a lot of misinformation about Guru's state. It seems that he was put into a coma for a surgery that was needed after the rapper had a heart attack.

Guru's nephew Justin, released a video stating that Guru current business partner and producer...I'm sorry SUPERproducer Solar isn't allowing his family to see him.




Solar then released a statement saying this isn't true and that Guru's family has been able to see him.

And even Guru (or someone for Guru) released this statement


"I am doing fine and I am recovering! I'm weak though. Solar is the only person who has the accurate info on my situation. Any info from anybody else is false! I appreciate your well wishes and all the love!"



But I don't know watching that video it seems heartfelt and it seems something has to to be up.


I'm not the only one that thinks so. Premier's manager Biggest Gord released this statement soon after a statement said to be release by Guru stating that he is fine and Solar is the only person that is giving out info on his condition.

So Guru regained consciousness and had the wherewithal to not only hear about how the world, via the [Internet], has been buzzing about him, his health and his current situation…but also the strength and mind state to issue a statement through his partner

So lemme get this straight….

From the rumor mill of he-said-she-said, he goes in for a second procedure on his back because the first wasn't as successful as hoped, while undergoing the procedure his lung collapses (he always had asthma) and he goes into cardiac arrest. Somehow he either slips into a coma or is medically induced into a coma. Either way he's in a coma. The news gets out, allegedly from his sister. Supposedly he's having a procedure done because of the collapsed lung (you can assume it's a tracheotomy if you want--I ain't no doctor). Everyone starts calling everyone else to get some kinda verification or information and tweeting they hope the surgery is successful and so on and so forth. The ‘tweetenistas' continue to buzz with misinformation ("r.i.p guru…", etc), but still no concrete accurate factual info. Other people start tweeting about hearing from Premier and what he said to them. True or not true that's the day we livin' in--a new day…the information highway or THE MATRIX? You choose…

I wanna hear from the person or persons who Guru (allegedly) spoke those words to. Better yet his doctor, so they can look me in the face and tell me he woke from his coma and uttered those very words quoted in the quote--or even better, hear it from the horse's mouth. I know, I know…who the hell do I think I am? Label me a very concerned friend. Don't get me wrong--it's mad easy for me to want to believe that he would say those things and his partner would have the only accurate information on his situation. That's how they been getting down since last I saw my dude over 5 years ago. Only thing is I ain't hearing much from his partner until this…

"Guru is resting and doing well after his surgery," Solar told AllHipHop.com. "The doctors say that he will fully recover from his illness. We thank everyone who send prayers our way and we appreciate the outpouring of love from around the world!"

I just wanna know that my dude really did wake from that coma and spoke those words, because the alternative is just damn sad and disappointing. Until then I'ma keep praying, hoping, and waiting…


Freddie Foxx has started an F solar trend topic on twitter.

Statik Selektah says


Now looking on Guru's twitter page it states that his family has been up to see him but reading some tweets on the page it's clear that a lot of these post if not all are done by someone other then Guru (post are in the 3rd person)

also looking at Guru's nephew Justin Ruff's twitter page it seems that his family has been up to see him but he was still in a coma at the time and so he wouldn't have known.

and on Solar's twitter page this statement was put out
I would like to thank all my fans and supporters from around the world for their outpouring of love and support during this difficult time.


Odd that it was posted on Solar's page instead of Guru's. It's as if someone that has access to both meant to post this on Guru's page but forgot to switch their profile.

Solar also released this statement via twitlonger

My direct response to accusations made on my character! I hate to go into Guru's problem with them but it is needed for the truth to be known.
the fact is guru had no type of close relationship with Justin or his mother. fact guru rarely spoke to her or him and has not physically seen them in many years.

Fact Guru directly instructed to not let his sister up to the Hospital, which was not enforced for obvious reasons.He saw this coming.
If he is so close let him produce a recent pic with his famous uncle, he can't. Fact Guru wanted me to be at his side during this time and I am proud to be there for him.
Fact Nobody tells Guru what to do! That is so foul to say about MAN that you say you love! I have no calls from Justin Just a text which i referred him to his mother who
had just visited Guru!


Hmmm

Live from the headqcourterz blog release this post stating

this past friday i had the responsibility to pick up Justin Elam-Ruff from the airport and take him to the livefromheadqcourterz radio show…

we approached the information desk in the main lobby of the hospital…we were asked “how can i help you gentlemen” by the intake woman at the front desk…Justin replied…”i’m here to visit my uncle keith elam”….the rather nice but professional older woman who asked the first question raised her eyebrow and responded…”lemme check the list”…..her first response after checking the first list was…”well your name is not on this list let me check the other list”……she then continued….”oh ok, your name is on this list”….”i’m sorry i cannot allow you to go see the patient”…yeah let that marinate… it seems like there were two lists…one list (the first list she looked at) had the names of people allowed to visit(the patient) …..the other list(the second list she checked) had the names of people who were not allowed to visit(the patient)

and

JUSTIN NICHOLAS ELAM-RUFF’s name was on that second list….TRUTH!!


Whoa crazy

Rapper/Producer Bumpy Knuckles has started an operation save Guru thread on twitter