Ed Thomas family received the prestigious Arthur Ashe Courage Award on 14th July 2010 (Wednesday) at the ESPY Awards 2010 ceremony as they had forgiven the family of the murderer.Ed Thomas was a Football Coach of Aplington-Parkersburg high school, was killed in June 2009 in the locker room of the high school football team by a 24-year-old former player, Mark Becker. But Thomas’ family showed their sympathy & courage and proved their ability to forgive.
Ed Thomas’ wife Jan along with his two sons came on stage for receiving the prestigious award after a video tribute and the video featured based on Ed thomas’s life and achievements . One of his sons said, “Without our faith I don’t think there’s any way we could get through this tragedy.”
Nelson Mandela, Pat Tillman and Muhammad Ali also received this prestigious aware previously.
Article maybe you interest:
- Sailfest New London 2010 Fireworks
- P&G, Walmart Plan More TV Movies
- 'American Idol': Alexis Cohen's alleged hit-run driver indicted
- Hooters Swimsuit Pageant 2010 | Hooters girls Photos | Hooters Pics
- Son of NYC Mobster Mickey Spillane Falls to Death
- Raymond Felton Is The Hottest Point Guard On The Market
- 2012 Prediction : Is 2012 end of World?