Kristi Noem, a 38-year-old rancher has raised more money than any other Republican house challenger in the nation. She raised $ 1,1 million over the last three months, which is twice as much as her opponent, Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin.
Herseth-Sandlin is one of the top conservative Democrats in the House. She comes from highly regarded political family in South Dakota, with a grandfather as governor, grandmother as South Dakota Secretary of State and father as leader in the state legislature. But she might be in for a surprise, as she has never faced a challenger quite like Kristi Noem.
She is a rancher, has three children and her political principles and opinions have turned her into ” South Dakota’s Sarah Palin”. “We’re going forward making sure we’re focused on the people here at home. I want them to know who I am and what I believe we should be doing and should be accomplishing rather than focusing on somebody else from out of state”, Noem told ABC News.
Her campaign is based on anti-government spending message:” I’m a firm believer that South Dakotans know better what to do with their money than the government does.”
Kristi Noem says that a vote for Herseth-Sandlin is a vote for Pelosi for the Speaker of the House. On the other hand, Herseth-Sandlin fired back and said that John Boehner “is no picnic for South Dakota either”.
You might also like::
- Kim Kardashian ‘W Magazine’ Bares All! (Photos)
- Jonathan Lipnicki: “Family Guy” blasted Jonathan Lipnicki with Fun!!
- Sleepwalkers Movie Clip
- Rick Ankiel’s Late HR Lifts Braves Over The Giants
- Brett Favre-Jenn Sterger saga deepens with leaked voicemails
- The Karen Owen List Of Duke Athletes She Slept With Goes Viral
- Randy Moss to Vikings?
- Terror Hysteria – October Surprise Terror Theory
- Ryder Cup 2010: look into tv's depth of 3D vision but Sky coverage shows lack of insight
- SNL: Morgan Freeman, Ernest Borgnine (the real ones) drop by
- Rick Sanchez Fired – Is Jon Stewart The Definition Of A BIGOT
- Disneychannel.com/halloween Launches For Halloween 2010
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: 26 Years On, Where Do We Stand?
- Sylvia Weinstock: Guest Judge On Top Chef
- Bishop Eddie Long to Speak at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church
- CSI NY Returns on a New Night
- Playboy Model Tiffany Livingston Detained After Flight Meltdown