David Cook finally returned home on Thursday, Apr. 21, for the Top 7 results show. The appearance kick-started promotion for his sophmore album
"This Loud Morning," which will be released on June 28.
Cook performed the first single off the new album "The Last Goodbye," which we think is going to be a huge hit on the radio. The single is now available for download on iTunes and Amazon. Cook looked great in his all-back suit and perfectly coiffed hair (yes, we're that vain) and he sounded great.
"It's great to be back!," Cook said after his performance, but was kind of drowned out by the crazy loud audience, which rivals the audience reaction Adam Lambert received when he returned to "Idol." Cook's mom also came... but just because she wanted to meet Steven Tyler. Too. Cute.
May 1, Cook will be participating in the 14th annual Race For Hope in Washington, D.C., which is a 5K run/walk that helps fund a cure for brain tumors and brain cancer. This is Cook's third year participating in the event and you can find more information on how you can participate and help on his official website.
It's good to have David Cook back, no? Were you excited about Cook's return to the "Idol" stage? What did you think of his new single "The Last Goodbye"?
You might also like::
- Carole King is the 'American Idol' Top 6 theme
- Tiger Mom: Better Than A Helicopter Mom?
- Rain thins crowd at UCSC's 4/20 festivities
- Crowds Gather For Denver 420 Pot Rally
- A guide to 'American Idol' on TV this week: April 20 - 27
- Rolling in the Deep - ADELE - lyrics - testo
- TV on the Radio Bassist Gerard Smith, 34, Dies
- Apple Earnings Boosted Two Folds due to Sound iPhone Sales – AAPL
- Lil Wayne Shoots I Am Still Music Tour Documentary 'It's going to be real major,' Wayne says of behind-the-scenes look at his current tour.
- Tim Hetherington: 1970 – 2011
- ‘Restrepo’ director Tim Hetherington killed in Libya
- Happy 60th Birthday Luther Vandross!
- Oklahoma City Bombing and 3 Others U.S Tragedies' Anniversaries
- Monday Night Football Schedule 2011: Green Bay Packers Host Vikings in Week 10
- LivingSocial Is Next Bet for Steve Case After Zipcar Payoff
- Jackie Robinson Day 2011: Baseball Legend Remembered Across MLB
- SF Giants Home Opener Today: Here's What You Need To Know
- Fox Orders ‘Napoleon Dynamite’ Animated Series
- Accuplacer test challenges students
- How John Boehner's Tea Party Balancing Act Avoided a Government Shutdown
- Shocker: Manny Ramirez retires following a second positive drug test
- Government Shutdown 2011: How Would It Impact Washington?
- The Real Housewives of New York City
- 'American Idol': Iggy Pop, 'Real Wild Child,' almost rocks til' he drops
- OPM asks health insurers to provide incentives for wellness programs
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Election Morphs Into Intense, Expensive Contest
- Eagle-Cam: Cuteness and Danger in Equal Measure
- Paul Ryan, GOP Rising Star Or 'Root Canal' Republican?
- Kate Upton: Dating Kanye West?
- Playboy Model Tiffany Livingston Detained After Flight Meltdown