On the good side, Randy Moss, one of the best wide receivers in the NFL, joined Favre's Minnesota Vikings in a trade and will give the 40-year-old quarterback an extra weapon in the offense.
On the bad side, there's that whole alleged sex scandal.
You may recall that back in August, sports website Deadspin reported that Favre had sent Jenn Sterger, a former Maxim and Playboy model, a series of voicemails and pictures of his naked self when both were working for the New York Jets in 2008. What the site didn't have was any evidence of the alleged calls and photos.
Until now, that is. Deadspin has posted what it says are voicemails from Favre to Sterger, as well as a few messages left on her MySpace page during the time both were with the Jets -- Favre was the team's QB in 2008, and Sterger was working as a sideline reporter. The messages and pics came from a third party, the site says.
The messages themselves aren't all that scintillating. "I just got done with practice. I've got meetings here for a couple more hours, then going back to the hotel and just chill. So send me a text. ... I'd love to have you come by tonight," Favre (or someone who sounds a lot like him) says in one. The photos (be warned; some seriously NSFW stuff at the end of Deadspin's video) are another matter.
Sterger, who now co-hosts a show on Versus called "The Daily Line," hasn't commented. Favre brushed a question about the leaked voicemails aside at a Vikings press conference Thursday (Oct. 7): "I'm not getting into that," he said.
By the way, the Vikings' opponent this week? None other than the Jets. We suspect Jets fans will have a thing or two to say about that when Favre arrives at the stadium.
You might also like::
- The Karen Owen List Of Duke Athletes She Slept With Goes Viral
- Randy Moss to Vikings?
- Terror Hysteria – October Surprise Terror Theory
- Ryder Cup 2010: look into tv's depth of 3D vision but Sky coverage shows lack of insight
- SNL: Morgan Freeman, Ernest Borgnine (the real ones) drop by
- Rick Sanchez Fired – Is Jon Stewart The Definition Of A BIGOT
- Disneychannel.com/halloween Launches For Halloween 2010
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: 26 Years On, Where Do We Stand?
- Sylvia Weinstock: Guest Judge On Top Chef
- Bishop Eddie Long to Speak at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church
- CSI NY Returns on a New Night
- 'CSI: NY': Melina Kanakaredes or Sela Ward?
- Melina Kanakaredes Out, Sela Ward in for 'CSI:NY'
- 'Blue Bloods' Premiere Review: Tom Selleck Brings More Cops to CBS
- Connie Stevens: Eddie Fisher’s Wife
- Did Frank Sinatra Jr. tried to commit suicide?
- Similac Recall
- Playboy Model Tiffany Livingston Detained After Flight Meltdown