SMA has released its next-generation photovoltaic system design software: Sunny Design 2.0. Available for free download at www.SMA-America.com, Sunny Design 2.0 offers a variety of new features and a user-friendly interface that make PV array planning even easier.
"A successful PV project begins with optimal system configuration," said Jurgen Krehnke, president and general manager of SMA America and president of SMA Canada. "The innovative Sunny Design 2.0 software saves solar installers and system planners valuable time while providing critical design data that helps them create a tailor-made solution for their customers."
SMA’s Sunny Design helps solar installers and system planners visualize possible PV plant designs and select the optimum configuration quickly and easily. Based on module selection and other basic system parameters, Sunny Design suggests inverter models and string sizing that accommodate the desired system size. Complex plants with several different sub-arrays and inverter types can be combined into a single project.
“A successful PV project begins with optimal system configuration,” said Jurgen Krehnke, president and general manager of SMA America and president of SMA Canada. “The innovative Sunny Design 2.0 software saves solar installers and system planners valuable time while providing critical design data that helps them create a tailor-made solution for their customers.”
New features of Sunny Design 2.0 include an enhanced user interface; inverter selections based on grid-connection voltage; improved visualization of system performance characteristics; and the ability to export user-defined modules and locations for exchange with other users.
Also included are the traditional capabilities of the Sunny Design software, such as an extensive database of available PV modules; worldwide location support with high-resolution meteorological data; cable dimensioning assistance; and annual projected energy estimates. Users can also create reports with key project values and then print or save them as a PDF document.
The SMA Group, with sales of 1.9 billion euros in 2010, is the world market leader for solar inverters, a component that lies at the heart of every solar power system. Its headquarters is situated in Niestetal near Kassel and it also has 17 foreign subsidiaries situated on four continents. In 2010, the Corporate Group employed over 5,000 persons (including temporary staff). SMA produces a wide spectrum of inverter types, the optimal inverter for each type of solar module used and offers all the power classes required for solar power systems. The product portfolio includes both inverters for grid-connected solar power systems and stand-alone systems. Since 2008, the parent company SMA Solar Technology AG has been listed in the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Securities Exchange (S92) and in the TecDAX. Over the past few years, SMA has received several awards for its outstanding performance as an employer and lately reached first place in the federal “Great Place to Work” competition. www.SMA-America.com/www.SMA-Canada.ca
You might also like::
- Jim Carrey + 'Nanotechnology' = 2011 MTV Movie Awards Gold
- New Jersey barber arrested for allegedly biting an employee's ear half-off
- 3 Maurice Sendak Books You Probably Don't Know About, But Should
- Hulu Plus Arrives On the Xbox 360
- 2011 NFL Draft Results: Chicago Bears Draft Chris Conte In Third Round
- Are SSA No-Match Letters Putting American Jobs at Risk?
- Ryan Mallett Finds the Perfect Fit With The Patriots
- Birds could go up to get Julio Jones, Green costs too much
- Why Von Miller Shouldn't be the Denver Broncos' 2nd Overall Pick
- Sound Off: Birmingham News readers' opinions
- David Wilkerson Killed in Car Crash
- Tax Day Happy Hour and Pizza Monkey Bread in Today's Eater's Digest
- Hanes finds higher prices fit well in 1Q
- David Cook returns to 'American Idol,' performs 'The Last Goodbye'
- Carole King is the 'American Idol' Top 6 theme
- Tiger Mom: Better Than A Helicopter Mom?
- Rain thins crowd at UCSC's 4/20 festivities
- Crowds Gather For Denver 420 Pot Rally
- A guide to 'American Idol' on TV this week: April 20 - 27
- Rolling in the Deep - ADELE - lyrics - testo
- TV on the Radio Bassist Gerard Smith, 34, Dies
- Apple Earnings Boosted Two Folds due to Sound iPhone Sales – AAPL
- Lil Wayne Shoots I Am Still Music Tour Documentary 'It's going to be real major,' Wayne says of behind-the-scenes look at his current tour.
- Tim Hetherington: 1970 – 2011
- ‘Restrepo’ director Tim Hetherington killed in Libya
- Happy 60th Birthday Luther Vandross!
- Oklahoma City Bombing and 3 Others U.S Tragedies' Anniversaries
- Monday Night Football Schedule 2011: Green Bay Packers Host Vikings in Week 10
- LivingSocial Is Next Bet for Steve Case After Zipcar Payoff
- Playboy Model Tiffany Livingston Detained After Flight Meltdown